Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cabbage Patch Hospital

On February 28th Elizabeth and I took a road trip with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and neice to the Cabbage Patch Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia. After a few mishaps (traffic & not taking the right detour) we made it to Helen, GA. We stayed in this "German style" town for the night. Helen is very quaint and unique. It is on the Appalachian Trail so many hikers stay here when (if) they come off the trail. All the buildings are in a German motif.


After we had breakfast we drove to the "hospital" in Cleveland, which is only 20 minutes from Helen. The girls had a blast. I think at first Elizabeth was just in awe of everything. As you will see in the pictures there is a lot to take in! (Especially for a 3 year old!)

Well Sis finally picked out which baby she wanted to adopt and we went through the process of adopting Makayla Belle. Yes friends, I am now a grandmother!!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures and seeing my grandchild!



This is the "hospital". It was HUGE!!!

They had whole nursery set up when you first went in.


This is the tree where Mother Cabbage is and where she "delivers" the babies.

The cabbage leaves would turn side to side with the babies in them. At first Sis wasn't sure about them.

Dr. John helping Mother Cabbage deliver a baby. Bri, my neice, and Elizabeth got to name this baby.

First ones to hold the new baby!

Sis finally picked her baby out! That is my grandchild! Isn't she beautiful!!

She is taking her oath of adoption! So sweet!!




1 comment: